Lazy • A capture tool for knowledge

Came across this in my twitter feed today:

See the thread for details and a cool video.

I am not about to dump Obsidian and the insane amount of customisability it offers to replace it with a very opinionated (not in a bad way) PKM and knowledge capture tool, but I must admit I’m a little envious of the quick capture interface and the flexibility it seems to offer across devices and input sources.

Is there anything this sophisticated available for obsidian?

4 Likes

Not that sophisticated, but Readwise, Hypothes.is, and MarkDownload are the best tools I’ve found for web capture.

Hypothes.is is free so I use that for web highlighting & notetaking, and there’s a plugin to automatically sync with Obsidian. MarkDownload is great when you just want to capture a page without marking it up.

That said, this tool looks great! Would be cool to see it integrated with Obsidian, if possible.

2 Likes

Wow. That universal clipping and quick capture is nice. Definitely something I wish I had for the last 10 years, and I like the interface. If you’re on mac I assume everyone knows about https://www.alfredapp.com/, but there’s nothing as cool as this that I know of right now.

I’m using Raindrop.io - for bookmarking, but it also has a cool highlighting feature which gets stored.

Looks interesting for sure. But does it have obsidian integration?