Latex not rendering on Reading Mode

What I’m trying to do

I am trying to write a latex, and it renders well in editing mode, however it gives an error on reading mode

Things I have tried

Latex:
$$
\begin{aligned}
skew = \frac{Q3+Q1 – 2(Q2)}{Q3 – Q1}
\end{aligned}
$$

I have put this latex in double dollar quotes, also added a newline before and after the block, still no help.

can somebody please help?

The issue looks like you got some non-breaking spaces in there somehow… does replacing them with ordinary spaces work?

In general you should use only source mode and reading mode when writing math formulas. Have you tried restarting Obsidian and then toggle source mode? Send a screenshot of your source mode if the problem persists so we may be able to reproduce your problem. You can also set default editing mode as source in Options, Editor, Default editing mode.

When using the aligned environment in LaTeX/mathjax, you should use the & symbol somewhere you want lines to be vertically aligned on. The snippet below should work now in reading mode.

$$
\begin{aligned}
skew &= \frac{Q3+Q1 – 2(Q2)}{Q3 – Q1}
\end{aligned}
$$

Or since it is only one line, there is nothing to align, you can remove the aligned environment and just do this:

$$
skew = \frac{Q3+Q1 – 2(Q2)}{Q3 – Q1}
$$

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.