laTex equation number showing bugs

Steps to reproduce

1. In the LaTex equation block end, add “\tag{#}” to add equation number.
  2. When I switch to preview mode from edit mode in the same pane, some equations showed normally with equation number while some equations failed.
  3. More intersting is that when open preview mode in a new pane, all the equations with “\tag{#}” failed to show their numbers.

Expected result

Each equation with “\tag{#}” can show its number.

Actual result

1. When I switch to preview mode from edit mode in the same pane, some equations showed normally with equation number while some equations failed.
  2. More intersting is that when open preview mode in a new pane, all the equations with “\tag{#}” failed to show their numbers.

Environment

• Operating system: Win 10 2004
  • Obsidian version:v 0.8.4

Additional information

Hello,
We don’t explicitly support equation numbering.
We definitely do not support automatic equation numbering.
I tried manual equation numbering with \tag and I can’t reproduce your problem.

If you want, you can send me a copy of the note where you see problems and I look into it. (upload on a sharing service or DM me on discord).

I have relaunched Obsidian and the promblem seemed solved automatically. Really confuseing!

And I have tried several times to upload the gif file recording the process to reproduce the bug, but all failed. So I upload it to Baidu Netdisk. The sharing URL is
链接:https://pan.baidu.com/s/1llBpTV969RskQphTMGuyaA
提取码:0000

gonna close this bug report for now.

Is this a feature that a plugin can (in principle) provide, or does it require coding at a more core level within Obsidian?

It’s a core issue.
The way mathjax computes eq numbering and the way obsidian is organized internally are not compatible.