Lag in opening\switching to Note Preview

I agree that 0.8.1 seemed to introduce some performance issues. I have not figured out how to measure the typing lag either, though this is an interesting methodology: https://pavelfatin.com/typometer/

For me there are several very noticeable flashing issues present in 0.8.2

• Opening and closing folders. When you click the folder name, first the list goes blank, and then collapses.
  • Switching between files flashes a blank screen before going to the next file
  • Switching from edit to preview causes changes in the text to briefly flash from old to new

for the flashing issue, perhaps you can try to record a gif.
Also are you using the default css?

Here are videos for each of the issues above (default CSS)

Opening and closing folders. When you click the folder name, first the list goes blank, and then collapses.

Switching between files flashes a blank screen before going to the next file

Switching from edit to preview causes changes in the text to briefly flash from old to new

IMO, one and two are really not that bad.
The third is noticeable.
I think @licat said he has a fix in mind. Probably, affecting second and third.

The first was introduced a long time ago.

All these things are actually performance improvements (avoid to precompute\have in memory everithing from the get go).

If it’s a temporary bug, they will get rid of it in the next couple of releases. But if not, well Obsidian is only in Beta: if it’s not fast now it will only becomes slower. It’s enough that Obsidian is an Electron app, we don’t need performance regressions moving forward. I’m switching from Evernote to Obsidian and performance wise, there is a clear gap.

1 Like

This should be fixed in 0.8.3

2 Likes