Steps to reproduce
- Open the shortcuts preferences pane.
- Click to customize the hotkey for a shortcut, and type/press the hotkey. In this case, ⌘⌃⌥⇧ H for “Split Horizontal.” (However, any shortcut seems to works.)
- The shortcut will work as expected, but the preview doesn’t display the correct character (though the modifiers are consistently correct).
The preview should show ⌘⌃⌥⇧H or ⌘⌃⌥⇧h
The preview shows ⌘⌃⌥⇧ Ó
For what it’s worth, here are some other examples:
- ⌘⌥ L shows ⌘⌥┒
- ⌘⌃⌥⇧ v shows instead ⌘⌃⌥⇧♢
- ⌘⌃⌥ d shows instead ⌘⌃⌥∂
- ⌘⌃⌥ r shows instead ⌘⌃⌥®
- ⌘⌃⌥⇧ r shows instead ⌘⌃⌥⇧%∘ (this one’s weird because the r turns into two characters, the % and the additional tiny circle ∘)
- Operating system: Mac OS Catalina 10.15.5
- Obsidian version: v0.7.3
- Using custom CSS: Yes.
I’m on an English QWERTY layout.
I’ve tried with my external WASD keyboard and my internal keyboard. No difference. I’m using Karabiner to remap keys, but turning that off doesn’t fix it. I also can’t replicate outside Obsidian where (for example) hitting ⌘⌥⌃⇧ plus a letter actually types in an alternate character instead.
Might be related to Keyboard shortcuts on a non-English layout?