Spell checking in notes is very valuable to me, as is my ability to take notes quickly. For this reason it’s very important that I’m able to access the spelling suggestions on with the keyboard. The I find the interruption of having to use the mouse is very disruptive.
It seem that the OS native context menu has been introduced in v0.12.10 however there are still some bugs with the implementation that make it impossible to use the spell checking feature with only the keyboard.
esckey doesn’t dismiss the context menu.
- when opened with the keyboard, the positioning of the context menu seem to be erratically offset from the caret.
- when opened with the keyboard, the context menu does not include spelling suggestions for the current word.
Steps to reproduce
- With the spellchecking feature enabled, navigate the caret to an incorrectly spelled word.
- Invoke the context menu with the Keyboard (not sure if there’s a way to open/accept spelling suggestions on a mac with only the keyboard?)
- Notice the menu appears offset from the caret (this may not always happen, it seems that this becomes more severe after editing text)
- Notice that the menu does not contain relevant spelling corrections
- Notice that the context menu remains visible
- The context menu should appear under the current caret position
- The context menu should contain relevant spelling suggestions
- The context menu should close when
- The context menu appears erratically offset from the current caret position
- The context menu contains not relevant spelling suggestions
- The context menu remains open when
- Operating system:
Windows 10 x64
- Obsidian version:
: should open the spelling suggestions on a mac - maybe it’s worth checking this works too.