This feature request is similar in nature to a previously resolved topic mentioned here, except I am referring to folding individual multi-line YAML fields instead of folding the entire YAML header.
I would like to keep multi-line fields in YAML frontmatter consistently folded. Currently, when I switch to preview mode then revert to editor mode, any folded multi-line YAML fields I had would return to being unfolded.
- Add front matter to a note with some multi-line fields as shown below:
--- aliases: - "My note" - "My sample note" - "Sample note" tags: - "note" - "sample" - "writing" ---
- Fold one or more of the multi-line fields individually, for example, fold the
--- aliases: - "My note" - "My sample note" - "Sample note" tags: ... ---
- Switch to preview mode, then back to editor mode
Any individually folded multi-line fields in the front matter should still be folded. Multi-line fields can include YAML lists, dictionaries, or text spanning multiple lines.
Previously folded multi-line fields are expanded
- Operating system: Windows
- Obsidian version: 0.12.17
A new feature which allows the YAML front matter multi-line fields to remain folded even after switching back and forth from preview mode.