Justified paragraphs changes alignment of bullet points

What I’m trying to do

I have a snippet for justifying paragraphs as standard in live preview mode, but it’s causing multi-line bullet points to indent for some reason. Is there anything I can do to stop this from happening?
The indentation seems to increase with subsequent multi-line bullet points so it all looks really out of whack.

Things I have tried

I’ve looked through the Style Settings plugin for Minimal theme, and general appearance/editing settings and can’t find anything to change it.

When I remove the code, the indentation is normal and aligned:

/* source view and live preview */
.markdown-source-view.mod-cm6 .cm-line {
	text-align: justify;
	text-justify: inter-word;	
}

Using the Minimal theme with the above snippet, I don’t see any immediate issues with multi-line indented list items, a bunch of text in list items, etc.

It could be an edge case or some other CSS at play? What’s your source Markdown look like where you’re seeing the issue?

That said, as the above CSS is applying the justify to every line, including lists, blockquotes, and code blocks, you could try this to skip the justify in lists:

/* source view and live preview only */
.markdown-source-view .cm-line:not(.HyperMD-list-line) {
}

or this to skip it in lists, blockquotes, and code blocks:

.markdown-source-view .cm-line:not(.HyperMD-list-line, .HyperMD-quote, .HyperMD-codeblock) {
}

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.