Jekyll integration

This aims to be a topic to collect all the information about seamlessly integrating Obsidian with Jekyll. Please add what’s missing in the comments, and I’ll insert it below (I’d love to make this post editable by everyone but I don’t think it’s possible).

Templates

A list of templates to setup a website without having to care how to do stuff.

What to get working

If you already have a Jekyll website and you don’t want to throw away all of your design work just to use Obsidian to edit it, you need to consider several factors, in order to implement the system by yourself.

• Conversion from Zettelkasten/wiki-like links in double square brackets [[ internal example link ]] to standard markdown links [internal example link](./internal-example-link)
    • Handling links among different folders
  • Backlinking: in every note (website page) generate a list with links to all of the notes where the present note has been referenced/linked
  • How to handle front matter: it’s not very clear how Obsidian manipulates front matter, however, in Jekyll this is the main element, and it should be preserved with much attention
  • Tags management: distinguish tags from backlinks and automatically add them to a list in a /tags page

Related

Thanks a lot for your time and your contributions! Let’s share our thoughts and knowledge to unleash the astounding full power of Obsidian + Zettelkasten!

(Note: I’d love to implement Zettelkasten on my website, too, but I haven’t enough technical knowledge to set everything up. If you’re interested in helping me, I’d really appreciate it and I’ll always be thankful!)

11 Likes

Hi, I made a theme similar to NoteNote.Link (both projects forked from Simply Jekyll): Check this thread : Jekyll Garden Theme

1 Like