Issue with file path on Canvas on Mobile/Desktop

Configuration

I’ve encountered the following issue with this configuration:

• iCloud Sync
  • MacOS app (1.1.15)
  • iOS app (1.4.2)

Issue

If I add a file on canvas from desktop app (but the same issue verifies also if I do that on mobile), the file is not shown on mobile, because it warns the path is wrong.
On mobile the added path to Canvas JSON is without Vault name, while on desktop it includes it.

Example

Vault name: Example
Folder name inside vault: Test
File name inside folder: hello.md

On mobile saved path is: Test/hello.md
On Desktop is: Example/Test/hello.md

I have the same setup but can’t replicate the issue. What’s the iCloud path for the vault? Here, as a comparison, is mine, read from macOS Finder (yep, my vault is unimaginatively called Vault).

/Users/eightning/Library/Mobile Documents/iCloud~md~obsidian/Documents/Vault

The path looks the same:

/Users/riccardo/Library/Mobile Documents/iCloud~md~obsidian/Documents/Example/Test

That happens only if you take a note from a folder inside the Vault, like in the example I wrote in my previous post.

So the note is in a path like this: ../<Vault>/<Folder>/<note>.md

Are you sure in your desktop your vault base directory is Documents and not Example?

1 Like

Example is the name of Vault folder, while Test is the name of a folder inside the Vault.
The path of Test is /Users/riccardo/Library/Mobile Documents/iCloud~md~obsidian/Documents/Example/Test.

You don’t understand me. Let’s try this way, disable themes and use restricted mode and post a screenshot of your Obsidian Desktop where I can see file explorer

Ok, now I understand what you meant.
On my desktop app I was using vaults like folders and for convenience I opened all of them using Documents as root directory, while on mobile that is not possible.
Creating a root directory inside Users/riccardo/Library/Mobile Documents/iCloud~md~obsidian/Documents/ and using it as vault both on mobile and desktop everything works as expected.
Thanks for the support.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.