Is there an easy way to embed tasks from another note?

Hi all,

I was wondering if there is an easy way (e.g. not using Dataview) for embedding a task into a note that is initially created in another note? Is there something like block links for tasks?

Thanks!

Have you tried GitHub - obsidian-tasks-group/obsidian-tasks: Task management for the Obsidian knowledge base.?

“Track tasks across your entire vault. Query them and mark them as done wherever you want. Supports due dates, recurring tasks (repetition), done dates, sub-set of checklist items, and filtering.”

1 Like

The easiest least flexible way if you don’t want to use dataview is to have a block in your notes for your tasks so that then you can just use simple block embedding.

Example:

Note01.md

My amazing Note01

Content

Here are the contents of my note

Tasks

• [ ] Task 1
  • [X] Task 2

Note02.md

My amazing note 02

Tasks from My Note01

![[Note01#Tasks]]

This should embed the tasks from that specific note that are under the heading Tasks obviously

2 Likes

And that was the other way I was going to suggest. :ok_hand::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for!

1 Like

I gonna use the other plugin that is mentioned above (so I selected that answer as the solution). However, thank you very much for your time sharing your alternative solution with all those details. I learned something new today.

Cheers!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.