Is there a way to jump to end of current formatting without using arrow keys

Things I have tried

When I’m typing a word and go to italicize or bold it with CMD + B or CMD + I, pressing Tab doesn’t jump to the end of “**” and instead indents the line. Is there anyway to change this?

Not that I know of. But, you could make a feature request if you don’t get any solutions here. Being able to set a hotkey to set the cursor immediately after the formatting region it currently is within would be quite helpful. I probably wouldn’t want to use Tab as my hotkey personally, but I would support the request with a like for sure.

Good luck!

The community plugin Tabout is capable of doing this (:

5 Likes

very cool how i can set it for highlight? what environment i should choose? for that, also what is math environment? i know strong and em being html tags but can get the rest of the stuff

This exact functionality was what I was looking for. Thanks so much!

I’m not familiar with other Markdown editors, is there a way that they tend to do this? I just assumed it would be similar to editing code in an IDE where if you type something like

print("this is a test")

and your cursor is right between t and ", that you could press tab to ‘escape’ whatever special characters you were ‘inside’ without having to type them an additional time.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.