Is there a way to invoke the spell check choices with the keyboard?

I have the spell check plug in turned on. It underlines incorrectly spelled words. However, unlike other programs, I cannot find a way to invoke the spell check corrections via the keyboard. As an alternate example, if I am in Ulysses and the curser is placed at the end of a misspelled word, a menu appears and I can use the arrows to select the correction. In most of macOS, I can place the curser at the end of a misspelled word and hit command+fn+F10 and the autocorrect selections are displayed and selectable via arrow keys. Am I missing the shortcut on Obsidian? Neither of the above methods seem to work for me.

5 Likes

No, I don’t believe that’s possible right now. The spell checker is still a work-in-progress.

3 Likes

Okay. Thanks for the clarification.

any updates on this? I imagine it would be similar to the way Vim does it.

1 Like

+1
I’m also looking for this option

1 Like

I came here for the same reason. Looking for a keyboard shortcut :slight_smile:

@Ottis On windows, Shift + F10 act as a right click and works for me to display the menu and the spell check corrections when the cursor is at the right place.

Shortcut suggestion : The shortcut could display the spell corrections of the last spelling error, without moving the cursor.

So this is possible now!

Some time ago, Obsidian added a command: Show context menu under cursor

Assign a hotkey to that command (Settings/Hotkeys). Move your cursor over the misspelled word, invoke the hotkey or Cmd/Ctrl-P and invoke Show context menu under cursor and the dictionary suggestions and option to add to dictionary are at the top of the pop-up menu.

5 Likes

Oh many thanks ! Great option !