Is there a plugin which can provide greater Latex support/ or render complex Latex which Obsidian can't support into an svg image?

There are many things which Obsidian can’t do when it comes to Latex. I don’t consider myself an advanced Latex user and I have found that even for me the Latex support was somewhat insufficient. So, I was wondering if there was a plugin which would convert latex into an svg image which you can attach to the document with ease.

I want this because,

1. I doubt if Advanced Latex Support will ever become a reality with Obsidian, I mean, it probably wasn’t built with Math in mind.
  2. svg images are great, there is no quality reduction while you print it to pdf and the size is small too. It’s the next best thing to Local Latex rendering.

Obsidian-Latex-Render installed using community plugin (obsidian42-brat) installed by browsing community plugins (don’t do it manually) (GitHub - TfTHacker/obsidian42-brat: BRAT - Beta Reviewer's Auto-update Tool for Obsidian. Part of the Obsidian42 family of plugins.) seems to be one possible way of doing what I want here, but unforunately, the read.md of obsidian-latex-render is pretty dense and I might need your help making it work.

Mathbooster (search on github) seems to another alternative which is not available on community plugins but can be installed using obsidian42-brat (just like obsidian-latex-render)

I am not going to choose this as a solution in the hopes of getting something better, but yeah, this is the best I have come up with so far and I don’t know how to make this work either.

I might make a post for this

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.