Is it possible to use Mega synced folders with Obsidian?

Hi there,

I would like to know, please, if is it possible to use my account at Mega.nz to sync my Obsidian vault.

Currently I use a Dropbox free account to store my vault and sync it with my laptop and mobile device.

I would like to use Mega, now, as I am a subscriber. But the Mega’s technical support said that this is not possible, and I’ve found this very strange.

Also because I have already seen many people saying they use Mega to store and sync their Obsidian vaults.

Well, while on PC I could find the sync feature, but on Mega mobile app I was not able to check how to do that.

So, is it possible?

Thanks in advance for any help.

1 Like

Where have you seen these claims? I’m also interested in if/how it might be possible to sync to MEGA, as I am also a user.

One of the places is this thread.

There I did read about and I also suppose, by the user’s words, that he was able to make this work. I just don’t know how, unfortunately.

I read the thread and managed to get it working like this:
I installed FolderSync on my Android device, the app lets you sync a Mega folder to a local folder. I then made the Obsidian app open the vault that was on the local folder (which is synced).
The Mega app for Android is not useful in this situation.
There are a few settings on both FolderSync and Mega (for Windows) that need attention, like:

• don’t let Mega exclude “.*” files from sync, otherwise you will miss the .obsidian folder containing settings and plugins on Android
  • be careful about FolderSync behavior when there are conflicts (I’m still trying to figure out the best settings for my use case)
  • FolderSync can schedule syncing, or you can do it manually

Anyway I think this solution is acceptable, I hope you can find it useful too.

3 Likes

Hi,

Apologies for my late reply. And, thank you very much! :slight_smile:

I’ll try your suggestion tonight. I also think that this is a very good solution!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.