Is it possible to import dynalist note while preserving original link structure?

The purpose being: Making sure the original links created between items (in dynalist) work in obsidian

What’s a dynalist import/link look like at the moment? I have never used it.

2 Likes

When you export a note from Dynalist it creates a file with bullet points as tabbed content. You can copy/paste it into an obsidian note but the links point to original dynalist note url.

ie: the orange “carrie mathison” link in the screenshot below does not go to an original Obsidian note but goes to related dynalist note.

Long story short: What I’m trying to do is to import dynalist content into obsidian with working links inside Obsidian

Ah, thanks for the clarification. That sounds like a concept for #plugins to me!

1 Like

I’d be your first customer :clap: :clap: :clap:

@yalcin FYI I’m working on a Dynalist import/migration script for Obsidian now. I’ll certainly share it when I have something working.

My plan was to support replacing Dynalist links with Obsidian compatible file or header links in the Output.

2 Likes

Hi Aireq, any news on your progress developing a script to migrate Dynalist into Obsidian ?

1 Like