Is it possible to access results of embedded search block using keyboard?

What I’m trying to do

I want to be able to interact with results of an embedded search block only by keyboard.
So if I insert something like this:

something

and when I move cursor by keyboard in this block I want to be able to navigate results by keyboard, not edit query, what I’m getting now.

Things I have tried

I’ve tried to search through commands, through forum but surprisingly to me found nothing similar, only topics about keyboard navigation through global search block (not embedded one).
I’ve tried to use read mode, but now there is no cursor at all, so again I can only use mouse, not keyboard.

As a workaround you could use this CSS snippet:

/*Allow full height of embedded searches instead of limiting to a scrolling box.

Courtesy of sailKite: https://discord.com/channels/686053708261228577/702656734631821413/1141539855969550437 */

.internal-query .search-result-container {
    max-height: unset;
}

Then the search results won’t have their own scrollbar and will just scroll with the page.

But it might also be worth posting a feature request (if one doesn’t already exist) to point out the accessibility problem of the default setup.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.