Hi folks, just wanted to quickly share something I worked on today.
This works on any iPhone that supports Apple Shortcuts.
I know there are some other people who have tried similar things, but I could never find something that has the 3 following properties:
- it should reliably transcribe audio
- it should be practically transparent (don’t want to interact with another app)
- should also add a summary of you
Here’s a small demo on how you actually use it (sorry no sound):
If there’s enough interest i might go a little bit of detail how i did the apple shortcut but the gist is:
- Get file from share clipboard
- Send to openai whisper
- get transcription and send it to ChatGPT to format the text & summarize
- save on iCloud dir where obsidian is located
IMO would be nice that the experience is even more seamless. e.g. you could record audio as you normally would without any extra action and it would upload and transcribe automatically to your obsidian.
You can check the demo audio here if you’re curious: