[iOS] Keyboard is always in dark mode

On iOS (both iPhone and iPad) the keyboard is always in dark mode, regardless of the system preference or the Obsidian appearance settings.

Version 1.0.3

6 Likes

Yes, that has annoyed me too – thanks for raising this as an issue.

Yes, it would be a lot nicer if the keyboard mode was always consistent with Obsidian light/dark mode.

Personally I want the whole app (including keyboard) to automatically change between light and dark following the iOS system settings.

Fixing this will make people happy and probably result in more beautiful screenshots of the app being shared :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is a plugin I made called System Dark Mode which matches the app to the system setting — however the iOS keyboard does not follow the system setting.

1 Like

The dark keyboard in light mode bothers me too. On my iOS/iPadOS, Obsidian is the only app that has this issue. I hope the developers will change it soon.

Don’t know the current situation of this bug but I’ve found this Apple Developer page while looking around about the issue and seemed related.

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/uikit/uikeyboardappearance?language=objc

Steps to reproduce

Open either file for editing.

Expected result

Keyboard color can match theme color.

Actual result

I’ve set the theme to light, but the keyboard is still dark.

Environment

• Operating system: iOS 15.3.1
  • Application version: 1.1.0

Additional information

will be fixed in version 1.1.1

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.