This is a weird one. It happens when editing a note (with live preview enabled) while using an external keyboard on my iPad.
- On an iPad, ensure live preview is enabled.
- Open a note with a horizontal rule or a callout (both can be found in the “Start Here” note in the sandbox vault).
- Place the cursor at the beginning of the note.
- Hold the down arrow key (or swiftly press it repeatedly) to move the cursor rapidly down through the document.
Did you follow the troubleshooting guide? [Y/N]
The cursor moves down through the entire document as long as the key is being pressed.
The cursor stops at the feature (horizontal rule or callout) and does not continue until you stop pressing the key, wait a couple seconds, and then try again. (It will stop again at any additional features you encounter, though.)
Operating system: ios 16.5.1 (Apple iPad)
Obsidian version: 1.4.6 (105)
API version: v1.3.5
Login status: logged in
Catalyst license: insider
Live preview: on
Legacy editor: off
Base theme: dark
Community theme: none
Snippets enabled: 0
Restricted mode: on
- Screen recording here. It’s easier to tell when the cursor is “jammed” when you’re selecting text, since the cursor doesn’t blink when it’s moving (or trying to move) but does blink when the user isn’t making any inputs.
- The amount of time you have to wait before continuing seems similar to the delay in switching a Markdown element to/from its live preview appearance when you click into/out of it (which is also visible at times in that recording).