Are you using iOS or Android?
[ ] Android
Is this a bug report or a feature request?
[x] Bug report
[ ] Feature request
Whenever I try to open my existing desktop Obsidian vault in Obsidian mobile via iCloud, the mobile app gets stuck in a loop or crashes entirely.
Here are the steps I’ve used:
- On my iPhone, install the Obisidian mobile app.
- On my Mac, find the new Obisidan folder in my iCloud Drive directory.
- On my Mac, copy my existing Obsidian vault (“Notes”) into the Obsidian folder in iCloud.
- On my iPhone, launch the Obisidan mobile app and locate the Notes vault.
- Try to open the Notes vault.
Sometimes I get stuck in a loop on the loading screen, with the app repeatedly trying to load the vault but never getting there:
Sometimes, I make it far as the “Safe Mode” popup, but then things get stuck. The UI is fully unresponsive and I have to force-quit the app.
On the other hand, I’m able to successfully sync the vault using Obsidian Sync, and that’s what I’m doing now. But I would prefer to use iCloud.
Let me know if there’s anything I can do to help provide more useful/actionable feedback.
I’m using Obisidan Mobile v0.0.11 on iOS 14.4.