Hi my name is Charles and I’m a doctorant student. I do some of my bibliography with Obsidian and in a note on a subject i put a callout called “bibliography” where i put all the links to pdf so i can preview them and click on them to open it very quickly.
Things I have tried
As I take some notes on them I want to do it like an article and do some  ( linked to the document ). I know this is feasible but I can’t figure it out. Every internal link just highlight the whole callout.
What I’m trying to do
Can I link a single bullet point in a callout instead of putting the name of the document every time ?
Thanks, have a great day.
PS : I know, i loose some time over this
There are three types of internal links in Obsidian:
- Note link, [[SomeNote]]
- Heading links, [[SomeNote#Some header]]
- Block links, [[SomeNote^964a48]]
More on the last here:
The definition of a block, as per the link is:
A “block” can be a paragraph, a blockquote, a list item, etc. In general, anything that has empty lines before and after is a block.
So the smallest target available as I read your description is the callout block, and that can’t be broken without changing the callout.
So as I see it (but I’m not an expert, just a regular user) you’ve got the following options:
- Separate out the block you want to link somehow, and link to the block
- Change your notation into pure lists, as you are able to link individual list items (as long as they’re not part of a blockquote)
- Change your notation into headings, and use some CSS magic to make it appear like a callout
- Keep the link to the callout block, but change the display text to indicate which part of the callout you want, like in
Hope this helps,
Thanks for your time and your response. I swap to your 2nd proposition to make it a pure list. It’s not as great as I wanted with the callout but it works. I know that this is a request from the community so hopefully it will be implemented or a plugin will do it. Anyway here is the result :
The original was that :
Thanks for your help,
Have a great day,
This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.