Internal link refering to a whole section

Hello everybody,

I’ve tried looking out for the solution on Obsidian Help and in the Help Forum, but didn’t find one.

I would like to do the following :

Create an internal link on one subject - here, [[ Cosmotechnique ]].

When I click on the internal [[ Cosmotechnique ]] link, it drives me towards a blank page (which is, I assume, normal).
I would like my [[ Cosmotechnique ]] link to encompass the whole section related to [[ Cosmotechnique ]] : here, for instance, the two following paragraphs.

So that I could, once my connections have been done, collect in the new file all the sections related to the same [[ Cosmotechnique ]] reference, updated whenever I’ll edit one of the pre-existing references, or when I create a new [[ Cosmotechnique ]] link.

Is it possible to do so ?
Many thanks for your help ! :innocent:

use ^ or # after the link to address paragraphs ore headers in the file

[[test^paragraph_id]]

[[tes#test_heading_name]]

As @lipilli suggests, the correct link to the whole section would be [[filename#Cosmotechnique]], and theoretically you could build a dataviewjs query to gather all those links and embed them in another document. However, embedding and dataview is not always the best of friends.

Another alternative would be to write a javascript to search through your entire vault, read every file, and then extract those sections. Doable, but it’s a kind of a hack.

A third option, could be to look into using inline fields somehow, and then use dataview to collate those inline fields into a total. I would opt for this route, and then style the inline fields to look a little nicer than they would look by default. It would however require some changes to your notes, like doing something like:

[cosmotechnique:: Manière d´ancrer la technique dans le local, .... Yuk Hui. ]

[cosmotechnique:: "La cosmotechnique, effectivement, ... diffeérent." (cf [[Ballast]]) ]

You could possibly also use some variant of lists decorated for easy retrieval, or maybe callouts. But I think inline fields would be the safest and most reliable way to achieve the collation of all paragraphs related to Cosmotechnique.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.