Interal Links Don't Work

How can it be that I get errors for every one of these?

Same error for all of them: File name cannot contain any of the following characters: * " \ / < > : | ?

And what is your file name that it complains about? And you’re aware that you’re using the templater variant which only is executed in viewing mode(s)?

2024-02-08-Th and 2024-02-10-Sa, respectively as this is on yesterday’s daily note.

And yes, when I switch to viewing mode it displays as I would expect but clicking on it shows the error. However, maybe Templater is the issue some how still?

For the moment().add() and moment().subtract() :

E.g.: the Tomorrow link:

[[<%+ moment(tp.file.title, "YYYY-MM-DD-dd").add(1, 'dd').format("YYYY-MM-DD-dd") %>|Tomorrow]]

… You have a d too much in the .add() :blush: :

It should be :

[[<%+ moment(tp.file.title, "YYYY-MM-DD-dd").add(1, 'd').format("YYYY-MM-DD-dd") %>|Tomorrow]]

or

[[<%+ moment(tp.file.title, "YYYY-MM-DD-dd").add(1, 'days').format("YYYY-MM-DD-dd") %>|Tomorrow]]

Same goes for the Yesterday link and the .subtract().

I also don’t think you need the fileDate = :thinking: .

Typos aside, nothing really strikes me as something that would lead the “Forbidden character in the file’s title” error you get though :thinking: .

On the other hand, you probably shouldn’t use Templater’s Dynamic Commands :innocent: :

From the Dynamic Commands - Templater documentation page :blush: :

Note : Dynamic commands have known issues, and will likely not be maintained going forward (see this issue for more details). In most cases the Dataview plugin is the suggested alternative.

1 Like

Thanks so much Pch. Your corrections helped out a lot. I realized too that I wasn’t activating the links in accordance with Templater.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.