Integration with Microsoft Todo

I now use Microsoft Todo to track & sync my tasks across platforms, would there be a plugin to sync data between obsidian and this?

15 Likes

Ditto.

3 Likes

there is a MS graph plugin project for to aaccess calendar and emails on git.

I will try to extand this for Tasks when I get some time to dive into opsidian model for pluginsā€¦
the MS graph rest api exsits for To Dos:

6 Likes

Maybe the Todoist plug-in code could also be reviewed for ideas (if its author is ok with that)

I found this beta plugin on Github, which integrates Obsidian and Microsoft To-do. Havenā€™t tested it yet, but I will: GitHub - LumosLovegood/obsidian-mstodo-sync: microsoft-todo for obsidian.md

1 Like

Here are some screenshots, since the plugin docs donā€™t include them. Note that these are from a fork by a contributor from Microsoft (@sytone), and specifically the ā€œissue8ā€ branch of that fork.

Commands

Settings

continued:

Demo

Task as added to ToDo:

In theory, it should be able to do two-way syncing of task status, but it is currently not working.

You can also import all your tasks from ToDo to Obsidian, which works.

3 Likes

Hey @sytone, just wanted to reach out since I just found out that you are present in the forum. As you can see in this thread, and this one, there is some interest a MS ToDo plugin and specifically your fork of the ms-todo WIP plugin. Do you have any update on the comment you wrote here on Github:

I could setup my fork to release. The branch I had only really has me using it so if you are able to use it as well it is a good sign. :grinning:

It would be a nice fit for Obsidian October, but no pressure of course! :slight_smile:

As an interim solution, I am using the Open Gate plugin, which allows you to embed any website into Obsidian. GitHub - nguyenvanduocit/obsidian-open-gate: Help to open a gate from Obsidian to internet. allow you to embed any website to your Obsidian.

I embed Microsoft ToDo and Google Keep, and it works flawlessly. This string will embed ToDo: Microsoft To Do.

Any News here?
I tried the plugin, but it doesnā€™t seem to work for me. Either Iā€™m using it incorrectly or Iā€™ve installed the app incorrectly. Commands are available, and the app is connected to my account. I donā€™t know. But Iā€™m very interested in the plugin.

Iā€™m still around, I am hoping over the break I can look at ā€˜issue8ā€™ can clean it up, I am mostly done with my main plugin ( Query All The Things | Obsidian - Query All The Things (sytone.github.io)) for the moment so can spend some time looking at the todo implementation.

4 Likes

Iā€™m glad to hear that! I would love to help with testing and such, so just let me know when thereā€™s something to test. Would also love to hear more about how QATT compares to Dataview, but thatā€™s for another thread. Btw, congratulations with the progress on QATT.

2 Likes

Hi all, I was wondering if there are been any developments regarding this integration? Looking forward to see how it works :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same here, still hoping that this integration with Microsoft Todo becomes reality!

Also interested on this one! Will check the repoā€¦

Ditto

Also interested. Waitingā€¦