Integrating Microsoft Office documents

Okay, thanks for sharing! Yes, I think having a container note for each document would be ideal (and would help with the exporting problem that mere linking to the docs engenders), but I would be worried that it creates to much busy work in managing the container notes and the metadata.

Good luck! I hope it works for you. I think my needs are similarly structured to yours, so I look forward to researching some of your other contributions here. Cheers.

No, I don’t use Microsoft Office at all.

However, for LibreOffice documents links in Obsidian automatically open up Libre Office on my mac and Collabora Office on my iPad and iPhone. I can view and edit the document there if I need to.

That’s pretty much what I do. Any project that ends up having documents that are part of it gets a folder. But I have a LOT of projects that are simple, just the project note where I track tasks related to that project, meeting notes etc. Some projects start out as single notes and then evolve to folders as the project moves forward. I don’t try to decide whether I will need a folder for it ahead of time. Saves me lots of time cleaning up folders with a single document in them.

2 Likes