Inconsistent 'Show more context' results following blocks with bullets

Steps to reproduce

Create a callout block with some text and a bulleted list, and further down the page create a block or callout block with more text. Use a keyword in the first line of the blocks to search for them, and ‘Show more context’ in the search pane. For the block following the bulleted list, the ‘show context’ will show a partial context. See the search pane in the picture, where there’s a partial line of text printed for the second ‘block’ search

Did you follow the troubleshooting guide? [Y/N]

Y
Did you try the above steps in the sandbox vault (or just any vault started in restricted mode, no snippets and default theme)?
Yes, in picture

Expected result

What do you expect to see after carrying out the steps above?
For a searched keyword/tag in the title of a block, the ‘Show more context’ option used to show everything that was within a block. I use this for to do lists tagged by week, and the search pane is my favorite way to see my whole to do list that might be scattered across different files.

Actual result

Instead of the full context, it shows some seemingly random number of characters following the search term.

Environment

SYSTEM INFO:
Obsidian version: v1.6.3
Installer version: v1.6.3
Operating system: Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19045
Login status: not logged in
Insider build toggle: off
Live preview: on
Base theme: light
Community theme: none
Snippets enabled: 0
Restricted mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:
none

Additional information

Example from my vault - incomplete context in search pane on left, when it should show the full line of text from the block on the right.

Example from sandbox vault - see second search result

Does it happen in 1.6.5?

Yes, I just downloaded 1.6.5 and still have the same issue.

ok, attach here a copy of the note where this happens, because i am not sure I understand your problem.

Troubleshoot.md (636 Bytes)

When searching for the word ‘context’ in the search bare, and checking ‘Show more context’, the search shows incomplete lines for the second block.

Works for me

Hmmm I’m really not sure why it works for you and not me. I have the sandbox open, and copy-pasted that troubleshoot text to a new note, and got the same incomplete context showing. I’m going to try to put together some different files to send over, and see if you can reproduce the problem. Thanks for looking into it!

Well what I’m finding is that copy pasting text doesn’t reproduce the problem, and editing the text fixes the search bug.

The quick fix to my problem is slightly editing all my files that don’t show enough context in the search menu. I would love to hear if you have any thoughts on what might be going on, but the problem is extremely inconsistent and I’m not sure how to reproduce it.

Picture - search pane on left doesn’t match text on right

Picture - editing text on right made search pane show correct context

Try this:

Running that did fix all of the bad searches - thank you very much!!