Inconsistent popup from Grammarly Desktop app on Windows

Steps to reproduce

I have Grammarly for Windows (v1.2.55.1217) installed on Windows 11 (22000.2538) with no apps added to the Block List within Grammarly. When opening a sandbox vault (or any other vault), I am unable to get the Grammarly popup to appear. If I Alt+Tab from a program that supports Grammarly (Notepad, Edge, Chrome, Discord, etc.) I can force the Grammarly popup to appear. This, however, is inconsistent, and the popup often disappears again after accepting one or two changes.

I have reproduced this behaviour on multiple Windows systems.

Did you follow the troubleshooting guide? Yes

Expected result

The Grammarly popup appears anywhere within Obsidain that there is a field to enter text.

Actual result

The Grammarly popup only appears when Alt-Tabbing from a program Grammarly works in.

Environment

SYSTEM INFO:
Obsidian version: v1.4.16
Installer version: v1.4.16
Operating system: Windows 10 Home 10.0.22000
Login status: logged in
Catalyst license: insider
Insider build toggle: off
Live preview: on
Legacy editor: off
Base theme: dark
Community theme: none
Snippets enabled: 0
Restricted mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:
none

Additional information

I have been searching for a solution to the Grammarly-Obsdian integration issue for a long time, and my main findings are: the Grammarly API is being retired in Jan 2024 therefore, no plugin is possible going forward; it works with the desktop version of Grammarly on Mac OS; other people have noticed inconsistencies with how the Grammarly for Windows app interacts with Obsidain but haven’t outlined how to reproduce it; use a different tool (I don’t see this as a solution as Grammarly is the only tool with the feature-set it provides).

I really appreciate all feedback/suggestions/fixes as I love using both tools and would really enjoy using them together.

2 Likes

Is this something that used to work and now doesn’t?

No, I don’t think I’ve noticed it ever work as intended.

OK, moving to Help since it sounds like something Obsidian never explicitly supported.

1 Like

I was wondering if there has been any update to this. I pay for a subscription to Grammarly, and recently transitioned to Obsidian. Grammarly Desktop appears in other apps (Microsoft Word, Scrivener, Discord, etc.) but does not appear in Obsidian.

2 Likes

I still haven’t found a solution unfortunately. It’s strange because Grammarly works in every other app with text input, even ones that wouldn’t have been explicitly optimised for by Grammarly.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.