Including a bibliography field in Mdnotes

What I’m trying to do

Hi!

I have followed the guide Zotero -> zotfile -> mdnotes -> obsidian -> dataview Workflow to set up the workflow, and managed to achieve all the steps.

However I am trying to achieve one fundamental thing, that I cannot find anywhere on google - a bibliography field I could include on the zotero metadata template.md, so that I can have a Harvard citation generated by default, when I view the data on obsidian.

Things I have tried

I have tried the pandoc approach, however Pandoc crashes at the point of trying to export a file in either format. So I am unable to test whether I can even choose my desired bibliography type output down the line.

Any help appreciated!

I don’t think mdnotes has a placeholder to have a full citation output in a default style (unless I’m terribly mistaken @argentum?) - I think you may have to manually copy and paste the bibliography entry into the obsidian note if you need it. (You can manually copy the citation of an item in zotero using Cmd+Shift+A in Mac (the shortcut for Copy Selected Item Citations to Clipboard in Zotero Settings > Advanced > Shortcuts).

i followed your amazing guide but it seems that zotfile is not compatible with zotero 6. am I right about that?

That is correct, but @argentum maintains a compatible build: GitHub - argenos/zotfile: Zotero plugin to manage your attachments: automatically rename, move, and attach PDFs (or other files) to Zotero items, sync PDFs from your Zotero library to your (mobile) PDF reader (e.g. an iPad, Android tablet, etc.), and extract PDF annotations.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.