Include filename (note title) in pdf export [inline title]

Use case or problem

From time to time I have to share notes as PDF documents. It would be very helpful for me if the file name/note title could be seen somewhere in the PDF document.

Proposed solution

Add an option to the PDF export dialog to insert the file name/note title as page header or page footer in the document.

Current workaround (optional)

Manually add the file name or note title to the PDF document after it is created.

Related feature requests (optional)

None known.

You could enable the core plugin Templates and create a template containing {{title}}

Hi @ScottKillen,
That’s :+1:, at least for a work around. Thanks a lot.
I modified my templater template for new notes. The only problem is to make this modification in all my old notes.

Do you have a good idea how to accomplish that?

:smile:
I wish I did!

Well, there is always the option to make a python script. Maybe I find the time sometime :sweat_smile:

Hi, the workaround works but is far from perfect. When including notes, the inclusion shows and prints in the original document. The workaround thus shows the titles 2 times.
I second the feature request.

hello, that option would be absolutely amazing. Doing a lot of pdf export I need to add it manualy or to use the 1st # only for the title which is a bit lame…
And for the templater workaround, could you post some exemple on how to do it ? I don’t get it.

will be implemented 0.16.3

2 Likes

@WhiteNoise: :raised_hands: and many :pray: to all developers. You are simply amazing.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.