I switch machines quite often and I usually want to access to my vaults using Obsidian Sync.
At the moment the process seems to be;
- Click on ‘Open another vault’ in the left nav bar
- Select the ‘Create new vault on local hard drive’ option and select a location on the hard drive to create an empty folder
- Link new vault to Sync remote vault
- Remember to click all of the options for synchronising plug ins, themes and associated settings
It would be great if we could have an option to create a new vault from a remote. Something that, for me at least, would combine steps 2-4 above.
- Click on the ‘open another vault’ option in the left nav
- Select the (new) option to ‘Open remote vault’
- Select the appropriate remote vault, a location on the local hard drive to store it and perhaps whether or not to synchronise plug-ins, themes, etc (I’d love if this defaulted to yes).