I am not clear on how to import other markdown files into an existing vault. What I would like to do is import my notes from Drafts into a sandbox vault I have for testing stuff.
When I open the Markdown Importer, it threatens to overwrite everything. I can’t even tell how to go get anything into the folder.
Any direction or help would be appreciated.
per @Luhmann and a few of my own notes
- Export from Drafts iOS app. (This gives you the json export option. It also gives you the option to save directly to your Mac via Airdrop)
- Import into Bear (Go to “Export from” and select “Drafts.” File is likely in Download folder)
- Create a new folder somewhere to export to
- Export from Bear. NOTE: It defaults to exprt as “txt.” Change that to “Markdown”
- Go find your new folder with all your Drafts notes in it.
- I pulled the folder and everything into my Vault. You could also simply select all the files and drag them in.