Images specified by relative path (from a note located within a subdirectory) are displayed in slide preview, but not in browser/speaker mode

Steps to reproduce

• Open Sandbox vault
  • Install + Enable Advanced Slides community Plugin (change port in settings if needed)
  • Create a new folder “Test”
  • Create sub directory “Test/images”
  • Drag and drop a PNG image named sample.png into “Test/images/” folder
  • Create a new note in “Test/” folder called “MySlides”
  • Add image to slide via Markdown or Wikilink style links with a relative path of “./images/sample.png”
  • Click Show Slide Preview button in left side bar
  • Verify image is displayed in slide preview
  • Click “Open in Browser” button (upper right of slide preview)
  • Verify image is not displayed in browser mode
  • Press “S” in browser to open speaker mode, verify image is not displayed in speaker mode

Did you follow the troubleshooting guide? [Y/N]

Y

Expected result

If I can see the image in Obsidian slide preview, I would expect to see the images during browser/speaker mode too

Actual result

No image in browser, no image in speaker mode, image visible in slide preview and note preview

Environment

From the sandbox vault

SYSTEM INFO:
Obsidian version: v1.4.12
Installer version: v1.3.7
Operating system: Windows 10 Pro 10.0.22621
Login status: not logged in
Insider build toggle: off
Live preview: on
Legacy editor: off
Base theme: dark
Community theme: none
Snippets enabled: 0
Restricted mode: off
Plugins installed: 1
Plugins enabled: 1
1: Advanced Slides v1.20.0

Additional information

In the browser view, the image request goes to GET “localhost:3000/images/sample.png” which is a 404, but a request to GET “localhost:3000/Test/images/sample.png” is correct.

When using ![[sample.png]], it the correct full path is used and the image is displayed.

I am still new to Obsidian and I think I will try to always use ![[filenameWithoutPath.ext]] from now on, but it would have been nice if it worked this way as well.

For plugins problems, you need to reach out to the plugin developer first. If there is a problem, they file a bug report to us. Moved to help in the meantime.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply and clarification, that makes perfect sense. I thought this would be on topic from reading Image don't show in presentation mode, but now I realize that thread is about a separate (core) Slides plugin.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.