Images Not Exporting to PDF or Appearing in Marked, but Do Appear in Preview

Things I have tried

I seem to be having a similar problem as what is described here, though the solution didn’t work for me (or I didn’t understand it).

What I’m trying to do

I have a vault where I use a media folder to store my images. I use the ![[]] syntax to find the image, which appears correctly when I use preview mode. But when I export to PDF or view it in Marked 2, it doesn’t show up.

Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 9.44.22 AM

The media folder is a top-level folder in my vault. Apologies if this is extremely obvious or answered elsewhere, but my searches were unsuccessful! Thanks for any tips.

It won’t work in Marked as you need to put the folder name in the image ref (Obsidian searches for it).

It works in PDF export for me, so maybe you need to update Obsidian? What version are you running?

Thanks for the insight on Marked - can you clarify how I put the folder name in the image reference? I opened Finder, went to the location of the image, and put the file path inside brackets (see below) but that doesn’t seem to have worked.

Regarding the version number, I’m running v0.12.10 on MacOS

You want ![[Media/IMAGE NAME.XXX]] (assuming the note file is a top level file)

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.