Use case or problem
My documents contains some folders that can’t be read from my users. It would be nice if obsidian would just ignore those files.
The reason I have those files in my vault is the following :
- I moved all of my projects documents in obsidian. This includes my dev projects.
- For some dev projects, I use docker volumes with relative paths (to mount config files for exemple)
- The owner of those files/folders is root
- Skip files with permission issues
- Skip files inside folders with a .obsidianignore file
Current workaround (optional)
Had to delete those folder, but I am not actively developing at the moment. If I really needed to keep them, I would have
chmod 666, but this might not be a correct workaround for all files.
Related feature requests (optional)
EDIT : Add proposed solution