Iframe scroll bars

Things I have tried

What I’m trying to do

I’m trying to embed a view to Airr’s podcast highlights page within my podcast notes. The page is a big vertical column, and so it would be nice to have the iframe occupy a modest window (500 px) and allow you to scroll down to access all the highlights within the page, and then have the text/notes within the note below the iframe.

The catch is that I don’t know how to enable scrolling in the iframe. I’ve seen that in HTML5 the standard is to edit the CSS of the page that is being embedded (in this case that code is owned by Airr), so I’m not sure if this is something that can be done.

Any help would be appreciated!

Hi, I’ve stumbled upon a solution to this problem. Copy the following in a aq-iframe.css file inside Obsidian’s CSS Snippets folder.

.aq {
    width: 480px;
    height: 500px;
    overflow: scroll;
}

Make sure to enable the rule, and that’s it.
You need to specify the class attribute inside the <iframe class="aq" >...</iframe> tag, so this rule will apply only to your AirrQuotes iframes not EVERY iframe embedded in Obsidian. Hope this helps, cheers :v:

1 Like

Thanks so much! It seems like the iframe scrolling has magically started working without the extra css? Who knows. Hopefully this will still solve someone’s problem in the future!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.