I use iCloud sync. When I type something in Obsidian on my iPhone 12, it will sync and update on my M1 iMac. When I do it the other way around, it doesn’t work. I type something on my iMac and it won’t sync to the iPhone. Very frustrating.
Does anyone know why? What can I do to fix this issue? Is it an iCloud issue?
I think it’s an issue on my Mac and not my iPhone? If I type something on my iPhone it will sync to my Mac, but not the other way around.
The strange thing is that if I add files or rename files inside the Obsidian iCloud folder on my Mac it will update to my iCloud Drive on my iPhone. I can see the changes real time. So why won’t it sync in the app?
I have the same issue as ppkeyblow except in the opposite direction. Notes I take on my iphone do not appear on my imac (or at least not in a timely fashion). And then the imac wins and the note disappears on my iphone. I looked into your suggestions Cawlin but my IOS background sync is on and my low data mode is off.
Any other suggestions out there? Is there a manual button in obsidian on the mobile that I can push to force a sync? I am new to obsidian. It would be helpful/welcome if I could push a sync button and know that my devices were syncing in real time.
On my imac I can see the cloud and it syncs but - it’s not actually syncing everything in real time from my mobile and I can’t seem to force it to sync. For instance, I can see xnumber of bytes that are not syncing but there is no way for me to initiate its synching.
I think I solved it by going in to the subfolders in my Obsidian folder and started moving files and folders around and renaming them. I also did the “killall bird” command in the Terminal to force restart iCloud. It works now.
Yes. I did not have iOS Background Sync turned off, or Low Data Mode turned on. It was 100% an issue with iCloud on my Mac because iCloud in Finder displayed the dotted cloud icon constantly, which means it’s still uploading/syncing. I renamed and moved folders and files in the Obsidian folder and did the “killall bird” command in Terminal. It works now. Not sure what fixed it.