iCloud Sync Help

Things I have tried

I’ve tried following the directions outlined in the obsidian help sections to no avail. I’ve tried searching ‘iCloud sync’ but the results I found did not speak to my particular issue

What I’m trying to do

I am new to obsidian and I’m trying to set up the program on my MacBook and on my iPhone. I would like to be able to sync my notes across my devices and I would like to use iCloud as I already subscribe to this service. I have set up my vaults in iCloud drive on my computer and I have iCloud turned on for obsidian on my phone. I see that the vault names do sync. If I set up a vault on my computer, it shows on my phone. But weirdly, NONE of the files sync! I thought maybe iCloud was just being slow, but even overnight, when I checked this morning, the files do not sync. I have vault names but none of the content from my computer makes it to my phone and vice-versa. Please help!

Update: After a lot of grief I have managed to get iCloud to sync my files but it only syncs in ONE direction! If I edit on my iPhone, it will show up on my new MacBook. However, if I edit (same vault) on my MacBook (for example, I wrote a new test file/note) it will NOT show up on my iOS version. So weird! Has anybody encountered this and know what’s going on???

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.