I tried loading 18 base64 encoded fonts on Obsidian Android but it crashes on startup, anything I could do?

First of all I just wanna say, disabling imports of fonts with CSS font-face is contradictory to Obsidian’s ability to make the app what you want it to. At the very least they could add a setting to enable it. Anyway, I used https://transfonter.org/ to convert 1 SF Pro Text font to base64 and it works, but when I try all 18 variations and when I try loading it on my Galaxy S22 it crashes. The only solution I’ve found to load online custom fonts in Obsidian is to encode them into base64 in the font-face rule, it looks like this is actually more computationally intensive than just loading locally stored font files.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.