I subscribed to sync service but need help

Hello there,

I searched in all the articles and videos but couldn’t find a solution to my problem. I have Obsidian sync subscription, but I cannot sync files with different computers and mobile phones. Folders sync but files do not.

I would appreciate your help.

Hi @becoolnotfool to be able to help, you’ll need to provide a bit more information.

What OSs are you using? What versions of Obsidian?

Can you provide any screenshots? Or other details?

Does your sync log show any errors?

What is the path to your vault? (If the path doesn’t have any sensitive information) Are you certain that your vault isn’t inside any other syncing folders, such as iCloud, OneDrive, Dropbox, etc.?

First of all, thank you for the courtesy to reply.

I am using Windows 10 and Obsidian edition v0.12.15 and I bought a sync subscription a few days ago. I specify the folder on my computer as a cloud vault directly without using dropbox or any other third party service. only folders are synchronized; themes, notes, none :frowning:

I would be very happy if someone can help.

• Can you share what the full filepath is to your vault folder?
  • Can you show a screenshot of your sync settings?
  • If you look inside your Sync log, do you see any errors of any kind?

• Also, what is the other computers/phones you are syncing to? Is it also Windows? iOS/Android? Right now, I assume that on your first computer, all of your notes still exist, right? And is it on a 2nd computers/phones that you are syncing TO, where the notes do not show up? (Please provide information about both sides of the syncing.)
  • Also, in your screenshot, in the links pane, I see some notes content. Did ALL of your notes disappear, or only some of your notes?
  • I wonder if maybe files that have accents like ǧ caron are failing? Maybe it isn’t possible to have certain accents in the note title? I don’t know! Just a guess.

I want to use the app on the following 3 devices/platforms.

1 - Company PC (Windows 10)
2- Home PC (Windows 10)
3- Mobile Phone (Android)

Now I will share you screenshots with all settings and logs.

No matter what I do or how I try, it doesn’t work. Please help me; Otherwise I will unfortunately have to switch to another application. It shouldn’t be this hard.

Do you own multiple accounts?

This name doesn’t show up on your last screenshot:

Plus you’re not connected to any remote vault yet. The idea of Sync is that if you connect to local vaults to the same remote vault, they will stay synced. The issue is that your three local vaults are not synced to the same remote vault somehow.

Hope to figure it out with you soon!

i don’t understand :frowning: i’ve connected but results are same.

I know it’s going to be a hassle and I’m sorry about it, but if anyone can explain it step by step from zero and by bit I’d be very grateful…

Step by step guide is here: Obsidian Sync

Although I don’t think you need it because you have already set up the remote vaults.

Could you check the account tab and double check you’ve logged in to the same account? (Don’t post screenshot here as your email should remain private)

Also, could you post screenshot of what you see after clicking “Pick remote vault” on all computers? Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.