I must be missing something about dataview

Things I have tried

1. Created document with this YAML inside the folder “Projects”

1. Created this dataview query
TABLE

status

FROM "Projects"

SORT status
  1. Get frustrated I can’t figure out why it doesn’t show up in the resulting query

However, I know that some of the status come through:

Here’s the YAML for one of the documents whose status does come through:

I don’t see anything different…

What I’m trying to do

I’d like to be able to sort by projects by status

I’d be grateful for any help you can give me. I know I must be missing something obvious…

1 Like

A bit difficult to say. Are two query results you show in your post part of the same query or different ones? How can we see whether the first document is included in any of the query results or not, given that the title or name of the first document is not visible? What are the paths of the note that is shown and of the note that is not shown? What do you mean by ‘some of the status come through’?

On the other hand, we can’t see whether the YAML is well-formed, i.e. at the very beginning of the note. However, I can see that in the line processed:, there is no space following the colon. Since there are no syntax definitions for the markup in Obsidian, I can’t say off the top of my head whether this is correct or no. If in doubt, I would add a space after the colon and look if anythings changes with that.

1 Like

Exactly… Besides what @pop says, you need to show one of the cases that don’t show up with status content (to check any problem with satus value).

Thanks for your help.

It turns out that if any of the YAML attirbutes don’t have a space after the colon none of them are processed by dataview. After making that change it’s working fine.

Thanks!

1 Like

Actually, it turns out if there is any errors in any of the YAML fields that happens. So if you haven’t closed a link (ie. “[[some link”) or format a date incorrectly dataview doesn’t recognize any of the YAML fields for that file.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.