How to reduce embedded note height/length so that it's only a preview of 1-2 paragraphs?

Hi everyone, is there a way to reduce the length of embedded notes?

Currently I use this:

![[Name of Embedded Note]]

to embed a note into another note.

I was trying to follow along this thread to see if it had any example CSS code I could use, and based on that and using the CTRL+SHIFT+I source mode, I tried coming up with this CSS code:

.markdown-embed
{
max-height: 200px;
}

However, it causes some weird results where it does seem to affect the embedded note, but the text overlaps with other text.

Any ideas on if there’s a way to have the embedded note be only 1-2 paragraphs worth instead of embedding a super long note?

Thank you!

2 Likes

How about this?

.markdown-embed * {
max-height: 200px;
}

Maybe linking to blocks?

1 Like

Thank you!! Your CSS Code worked great (not sure if the asterisk made a difference, or what - but somehow even my original CSS code suddenly seems to be working okay)

but linking to blocks is an even better solution!

If I have multiple paragraphs of text, is there a way to turn them into a single block?

I would prefer not to “tab” all of them or use

hello
this
this where you put a “>” symbol in front of each line

because sometimes within those paragraphs, I have already done used that feature to highlight some content.

It would be cool if I just have a variety of formatted text and I can put some sort of code at the beginning and end of what I want to consider a “block”.

In order to link to multiple paragraphs with one block link, there has to be no free space between these paragraphs. I just tested it and this is what you could do:

This is the first Paragraph. It is very short.
%%One Block Link for Multiple Paragraphs%%
This is the second Paragraph. I really don’t know what to write here. ^thisisaparagraph

The %%text%% ensures that the block link function views this as one Paragraph to link to because there is no space between the two. (You can put any text between the %%. That Symbol hides the text inbetween in “Reading View”.)

If you want you could manually put the block link behind the last paragraph you want to link, like i did with ^thisisaparagraph. If you then want to link to these Paragraphs you can simply type ![[YourFileName^thisisaparagraph]]. You’ve given the block link a name that you can remember instead of the randomly generated one.

Hope this helps.

ah yes that makes sense, along with the ‘%%’ comment trick as a workaround!
Thank you!!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.