How to recall several sentences from several notes in one place?

How to recall several sentences from several notes in one place

how i can do it ?

Don’t think you can do that. The blockId will only track to the last place it was used.

To collate multiple values into one thingy, you could do something like:

(textpart:: all of first paragraph)

Something else

(textpart:: all of second paragraph)

And then use dataview to collate and handle the textpart field. But I don’t think you use any embed structure to collate multiple sections of text.

(Theoretically though, you could use javascript and read the entire file, and then collate all paragraphs using the same blockId, but that wouldn’t necessarily be either easy to write or to add as markup in your document)

I didn’t understand very well what should I do. Can you give me an example please

If you put all of the following into one file, and switch to reading view (given that the Dataview plugin is installed):

(textpart:: all of first paragraph)

Something else

(textpart:: all of second paragraph)

And even some more text, before the query

```dataview
LIST WITHOUT ID part
FLATTEN textpart as part
WHERE this.file.name = file.name
```

With some styling applied to “hide” the formatting of the inline fields, you could get output looking like:

Where the last part is recalling the sentences from other parts in the file. You’ll need to adjust the query to list from another file, and maybe some other minor changes, but that’s the gist of the idea using inline fields.

They don’t appear since they’re not part of the textpart inline field, which is defined using the (textpart:: ... ) syntax.

I don’t blame you for not wanting to do it this way, but I think this is one of the simplest ways to actually recall multiple sentences from several notes in one place. But it does require you to mark them for inclusion using the inline field syntax.

1 Like

Perhaps using tags + obsidian query + query control plugin would better approach for u.

U don’t need the plugin if u don’t mind unrendered markdown. But the expand more option n hiding title is useful though.

2 Likes

Thank you
that’s exactly what I was need :ok_hand:t5:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.