How to pull section from weekly note into a daily note?

First, search the help docs and this forum. Maybe your question has been answered! The debugging steps can help, too. Still stuck? Delete this line and proceed.

What I’m trying to do

I have Annual, Quarterly, Monthly, Weekly, and Daily Notes.

I am trying to set a primary Objective from the top down which I want to pull into the next order of notes but I do not have a clear grasp of using moment() right now.

For example
Annual review - FOCUS is to lose 20 lbs
Quarterly review - Annual FOCUS section has a Dataview query that pulls Annual FOCUS is to lose 20 lbs.

Quarterly Focus - Learn how to cook 10 meals
Monthly review - Quarterly FOCUS section has a Dataview query that pulls Quarterly FOCUS to cook 10 meals

etc.

Things I have tried

Right now I am trying to pull my Weekly Focus into my Daily note template but I cannot find a way to use moment to only set a time range basically

TABLE
rows.Details as "The One Thing This Week"
WHERE contains(log, this.file.name) == moment(tp.file.title, "gggg-[W]ww")
FLATTEN log as Details
WHERE contains(Details, this.file.name)
GROUP BY file.link as Source
SORT rowsl.file.day desc

Unless you’re trying to do something DataView-specific that you didn’t mention (or quite possible I’m misunderstanding your note structure), I would embed the relevant section. So if the section of the weekly note is named “Focus”, then in your daily note template you’d put

![[{{gggg-[W]ww}}#Focus]]
1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion.

I’ll try that!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.