How to map key combinations with Shift in Obsidian/Vim editor?

I love Obsidian, and I love Vim. The vim modal editing in Obsidian is a lifesaver for me.

I have mapped keys like <C-j> and <C-k> in insert mode to move to the end of the next line and previous lines like so:

imap <C-j> <Esc>jA
imap <C-k> <Esc>kA

To extend the range of what I can map, I am trying to map key combinations with Alt and Shift in them. But I am not able to map <C-S-j> or <M-j>.

Things I have tried

I have tried many things, but the simplest thing that is not working is this map (just escape from insert mode):

imap <C-S-j> <Esc>

or this (to jump to beginning of the line):

map <M-j> 0 

The first map does not take me to normal mode. The second map does not take the cursor to the beginning of the line.

What I’m trying to do

Repeating here again: I am trying to map key combinations with Shift and Meta in them in vim insert or normal mode.

Where I am blocked

I don’t know where I can see the error logs or something else to figure out why the combination is not mapped. I think behind the scene, the vim mode support uses CodeMirror: User Manual, but I am not sure if that is true.

Any help or pointer would be appreciated.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.