How to Manipulate How the Output of a Value is Outputted in a Dataview/Task Query

I am attempting to build a bills tracker in Obsidian. For the purposes of tracking my bills, I’ve began inputting them as tasks in the following format:

- [ ] Pay Affirm [πŸ’²:: 33.01] #Task/Bill ⏫ πŸ” every month πŸ“… 2023-01-19

Now, I am attempting to build out a table of paid bills that I will hopefully be able to tally up at the end of the year to see how much I spent in 2023. I’ve gotten to this point (my query + a screenshot of the result):

```dataview
Table WITHOUT ID
	Tasks.link as "Link",
	regexreplace(Tasks.text, "\[.*$","") as "Bill",
	Tasks.πŸ’² as "Amount"
FROM ""
WHERE file.tasks
FLATTEN file.tasks as Tasks
WHERE contains(Tasks.text, "#Task/Bill")
WHERE Tasks.status = "x"
```

Since the editing aspects of the tasks plugin aren;t available when you render them in Dataview, I added a couln with a link to the note the task is in in a column so I can edit them there. The question I have and am not sure how to accomplish is how I might be able to change the output of the link in the β€œLink” column to an emoji (:link:) in my query rather than the actual text of the file/section?

You mean like in link(tasks.link, "emoji") ?

1 Like

I’m basically trying to figure out the syntax to change the link in the first column from β€œFILE NAME” to β€œ:link:”

So I tried using the line of code you just suggested:

```dataview
Table WITHOUT ID
	link(tasks.link, "πŸ”—") as "Link",
	regexreplace(Tasks.text, "\[.*$","") as "Bill",
	Tasks.πŸ’² as "Amount"
FROM ""
WHERE file.tasks
FLATTEN file.tasks as Tasks
WHERE contains(Tasks.text, "#Task/Bill")
WHERE Tasks.status = "x"
```

But the output was:

I may have input it wrong though.

Ignore me! The problem was that the t in tasks needed to be capitalized! This was in fact the answer! Thank you soooo much for your help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.