How to make research papers less scary?

Hey fellow obsidian users. Whenever i wanna learn something I usually read books, watch courses or youtube videos. But I really want to start reading research papers in fields I like. The problem is I am in high school and have no research background and everything just looks very daunting. Should I just stick to reading books or take the leap somehow

2 Likes

This resource will guide you. It won’t be easy so take your time. I’ve been teaching for almost 25 years and can tell you most undergrads can’t make sense of a research article. It’s not until they finish a master’s and start doing research themselves that it starts to make sense. Depending on your field, at least 2 years of stats is helpful. Amazon.com

See also the following resource for different types of research methods. https://www.amazon.com/Research-Design-Qualitative-Quantitative-Approaches-dp-1506386709/dp/1506386709/ref=dp_ob_title_bk

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.