How to link dates created using Natural Language Dates with custom formatted Daily Notes?

What I’m trying to do

I have set up my Daily Notes to have a custom format of “YYYY-MM-DD ddd”, which outputs something like “2024-04-19 Friday” as the Daily Note title.

When I’m working in other notes, I tend to use the Natural Language Dates in-line such that if I want to begin a new section with the date, I just put “@today” and Natural Language Dates inserts the date as “YYYY-MM-DD”.

I don’t want to change this within the plugin settings to match my Daily Note format, as I feel like the YYYY-MM-DD is more appropriate when I’m reading through.

That said, how do I make it such that the “YYYY-MM-DD” in in-line text will also link to my “YYYY-MM-DD ddd” Daily Note? (Note that I may rename my Daily Notes in future to more accurately capture a highlight of my day e.g. “YYYY-MM-DD ddd - My Birthday”

Things I have tried

(Note: Currently using Templater)

I found a separate thread suggesting that one adds the Aliases property to the template, and then add the following to the Aliases section:

“<% tp.date.now(“MMMM Do, YYYY”, 0, tp.file.title, “YYYY-MM-DD”) %>”,
“<% tp.date.now(“MMMM D, YYYY”, 0, tp.file.title, “YYYY-MM-DD”) %>”,
“<% tp.date.now(“MMM D, YYYY”, 0, tp.file.title, “YYYY-MM-DD”) %>”,
“<% tp.date.now(“MMM. D, YYYY”, 0, tp.file.title, “YYYY-MM-DD”) %>”,
“<% tp.date.now(“M/D/YYYY”, 0, tp.file.title, “YYYY-MM-DD”) %>”,
“<% tp.date.now(“M-D-YYYY”, 0, tp.file.title, “YYYY-MM-DD”) %>”,
“<% tp.date.now(“YYYY-MM-DD”, 0, tp.file.title, “YYYY-MM-DD”) %>”,
“<% tp.date.now(“M.D.YYYY”, 0, tp.file.title, “YYYY-MM-DD”) %>”, “<% tp.date.now(“D MMM YYYY”, 0, tp.file.title, “YYYY-MM-DD”) %>”, “<% tp.date.now(“MM.D.YYYY”, 0, tp.file.title, “YYYY-MM-DD”) %>”, “<% tp.date.now(“DD MMM YYYY”, 0, tp.file.title, “YYYY-MM-DD”) %>”, “<% tp.date.now(“DDMMYYYY”, 0, tp.file.title, “YYYY-MM-DD”) %>”, “<% tp.date.now(“YYYYMMDD”, 0, tp.file.title, “YYYY-MM-DD”) %>”, “<% tp.date.now(“YYMMDD”, 0, tp.file.title, “YYYY-MM-DD”) %>”, “<% tp.date.now(“YYYY.MM.DD”, 0, tp.file.title, “YYYY-MM-DD”) %>”

I’ve done this and the date populates correctly (and matches what Natural Language Dates puts in-line for me), but the notes don’t show up in each others’ backlinks.

This is what I see when I create the Daily Note: