How to insert the current date at any position of a note?

Things I have tried

Searched the “Help” vault and this forum for a solution. Couldn’t find one.

What I’m trying to do

I found how to set a placeholder for the current date in a template but that is not what I want. I would like to insert the current date just by using a command of keyboard shortcut. Is that possible?

I am assuming you are going to retrieve this file with dataview query plugin. Although I am not sure if there exists a shortcut to enter dates but it is possible to enter dates anywhere on the note as follows : “date:: YYYY-MM-DD” . My answer is on the basis of the assumption made above.

Open up the settings and go to Hotkeys. Filter on the word “Templates” and there should be three results, assuming you have the Templates core plugin turned on. Here you can customize a hotkey for the current date and time.

These will be inserted at your current cursor position using the format specified in the Templates plugin settings.

I hope this helps!

6 Likes

I have the following as a template snippet, called date:

## {{date:YYYY-MM-DD}}T{{time:HH:mm}}

I then use a hotkey shortcut to open the template chooser, type D to jump to the date template, and then press enter to insert the template at the current position of the cursor. It formats with the date and time.

Angel

1 Like

I think this is the solution

And thanks. It is too tiring to type dates in ISO format

Thank you all for your help, it‘s very appreciated.
@RogerP: I think that is the best solution for me.

Best regards
Helmut

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.