How to insert image in note

Hi, i’m using Linux version of Obsidian v0.8.1 and can’t find a way to insert image to display in a note. Is it possible at all for this version?

Hey. You can simply transfer the image to a note and it will be automatically inserted.

2 Likes

Just drag and drop it from your file manager, which will copy it to your attachments folder.

Alternatively, you can move it there manually and reference it with ![[image-name.jpg]], or if it’s up on a webpage, just reference it directly like this: ![alternative title](https://example.com/path/to/image).

2 Likes

Thanks! Simple drag n drop works indeed.

Yes, it’s easy to insert an image into a note. But then other problems occur:

• The images also appear in the left pane!
  • Where to store them?
  • What happens when you delete a note? Does the file stay, do you have the choice to delete it also…

I’m a beginner and “image management” is a real topic that I don’t see treated anywhere :upside_down_face:

For those without graphical file managers installed (where drag&drop is not an option): The command you’re looking for is called “Insert attachment”. I recommend binding it to a convenient hotkey :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.